By far the most delicious shrimp salad that I’ve ever tasted! You will love this summer salad made with Balsamic Shrimp, strawberries, Feta cheese, almonds and balsamic reduction.
Do you ever go to the store hungry?
I’ve learned that lesson, to NOT do that, several times in my life. One time, loooong time ago when I was still a poor little college student (now, I’m a poor old collage student and a little bit wiser), I actually came home with Chef Boyardee ravioli. Yeap, that was sad. I’ve never tried it before and I got curious (and hungry). I took a bite, spit it out and threw away the rest. That was the worst side effect of hungry shopping for me. Other times, I just came home with junk and dry Ramen noodles. Don’t laugh, but dry Ramen noodles are actually young college student’s best friend!
So, you’d think that I won’t do it again. Good…keep thinking that!
Well I did it again, but this time I know better about what to buy. I was walking by the seafood deli and suddenly got a craving for shrimp (you’re right, I was hungry). I already had some strawberries in a basket and feta cheese so I got a great idea for a salad. Grabbed some
chips veggies and rushed home to make lunch.
This salad may seem a little complicated since it has three parts to it but it’s very easy. You can also make Balsamic Reduction ahead of time and that way the whole thing will take you no more than 5 minutes. If you’ll be making the reduction “to order,” the salad still won’t take you more than 20 minutes to prepare.
**Little tip while making balsamic reduction: turn on your kitchen fan!! Oof, I forgot turn it on right away and you wouldn’t believe the vinegary smell in the kitchen. Luckily, it aired out pretty fast.
Balsamic Shrimp Salad
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 4 oz Spring salad mix
- 1/4 cup Sliced toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup Strawberries chopped
- 2 Tbsp Feta Cheese
- Balsamic reduction: Whisk balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp of honey in a small sauce pot, over medium-high heat, and bring mixture to simmer. Once it starts to simmer, turn the heat down to medium. Let vinegar slow simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture coats the spoon. It will take 7-10 minutes but please note, that it will start to thicken fast during the last couple of minutes so keep an eye on it. Set aside once it reaches the right thickness.
- Shrimp: Preheat a medium saute pan on medium heat. Make sure all your ingredients are ready, at hand. Add oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic to the pan and quickly stir all together. Add shrimp and some salt. Saute shrimp until turns pink on one side, flip and cook until shrimp turn pink on the other side as well. Don't walk away as shrimp cooks very fast.
- Top lettuce with some sliced strawberries, feta cheese, sliced toasted almonds, shrimp and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Feta Almond Watermelon Salad from Call Me PMc
Mandarin Salad from Shugary Sweets
Almond Berry Blast Salad from Snack Fixation
Shrimp Salad with Creamy Chimichurri Dressing from Wonky Wonderful
More Recipes To Check Out:
Strawberry Broccoli Salad
Shrimp and Veggie Pesto Salad
Chipotle Shrimp Bacon & Tomato Pasta Bowl
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
How many servings does this recipe make?
How much feta cheese, almonds, salad mix, and strawberries are needed for 4 main dish servings?
Hi, I would double everything but the shrimp, for the shrimp so I would do 1/2 pound per person if it’s the whole meal.