I have something super yummy for you today! It’s Chicken Cordon Bleu Baked Potato, a baked potato topped with herb butter and stuffed with chicken, ham, cheese and fresh chives. It’s so easy and so delicious!
Baked potatoes are one of favorites around here. I realized this week that I haven’t made any baked potatoes all summer. Of course, I couldn’t stop thinking about it after that.
Trish got me in a mood for something Cordon Bleu with her Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls, so I wanted to see how the baked potato would taste with those flavors. It…was…Awesome (yes, with the capital “A”)!!
There is something that makes my baked potatoes very special, according to my boys, and that’s fresh herb butter. To be exact, it’s the fresh dill weed butter. Dill weed is just a perfect flavor on a baked potato and worked perfectly here with some fresh chives, chicken, ham and ages Swiss cheese. Butter also created the perfect amount of moisture inside the potato.
Another great thing about this dish is that the potatoes and the chicken can be made ahead of time. If you pre-bake the potato and grill the chicken ahead of time, this dish only takes about 20 minutes.
- 1 large Idaho baking potato, baked
- 2 chicken tenders, cooked
- 3-4 slices of ham (I love maple honey ham)
- 3-4 slices of Aged Swiss cheese
- 2 tbs salted butter, soft
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill weed
- salt, pepper
- Fresh chives for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Split the baked potato in half and mush the potato meat, carefully.
- Mix the softened butter and dill weed. Spread the butter over the baked potato, covering all of it.
- Chop the chicken and ham and spread it over the potato. Add a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Lay the cheese of top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Top the potato of with some diced, fresh chives.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Some More Ideas: