This is a delicious and easy chicken dinner, made in a slow cooker with spicy Moroccan sauce, onions, chickpeas and served over pearl couscous mixed with almonds and cilantro! YUM!
**I created my Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken using Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSkilledSaucers. All the opinions are my own!**
I’ve had an insane few weeks. It’s the end of my Fall semester at school, so of course, everything is due in November and beginning of December. Last week, it was our anniversary (6 years!) and this week, it was Thanksgiving. Holidays are pretty busy as it is but you add an anniversary and extra school work and you get chaos!
We had a great getaway for our anniversary. We went away for the weekend and stayed at the B&B on a beach. It was so nice to just unplug and do nothing! Then we had to come back to the real world. Thanksgiving prep and homework!
Very little time for cooking…
My slow cooker comes out a lot during this time of year. I love the easiness of slow cooking and I love the tenderness of the meats.
I recently discovered the new product from Campbell’s. It’s Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces and they are fantastic! They are complete sauces that come in six different flavors and you don’t even need to add anything if you don’t have the time and your fridge is empty (yes, it actually had happened to me before). You can find these Slow Cooker Sauces in Tavern Style Pot Roast, Sweet Korean BBQ, Hawaiian Luau, Moroccan Spiced Stew and Mexican Red Chile Taco.
So far, I’ve tried the Moroccan chicken and pot roast. They were both simply delicious!
This Moroccan chicken was the first time I tried the sauce and it was very well received by the family. It’s a bit spicy and you know it’s good when my husband eats something spicy and even licks the plate! He does not usually like anything spicy but he even asked for seconds this time!
Best part is that it only takes about five minutes to prep and then you close the slow cooker and go about your day. What you get is simply amazing weeknight dinner!
- For Chicken:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pouch of Campbell's Slow Cooker Moroccan sauce
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- For the meal:
- 1 cup of dry Israeli couscous (pearl couscous)
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 tsp minced, fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs diced green onion
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and add the Moroccan sauce, chicken stock and onions. Mix well and set of 6-8 hours. Add the drained chickpeas about half way through.
- Cook the dry couscous according to the package, in salted water. Once it's cooked, stir in the almonds and cilantro.
- Shred the cooked chicken using two forks and top the couscous with shredded chicken. Scoop juice and chickpeas over the chicken and couscous. Add some green onions and serve!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| to keep up with the recipes!
Make sure to follow Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces on Facebook to keep up with deals and recipes!