Delicious, tender, and flavorful beef made in a slow cooker. This beef is slow cooked with Italian herbs, mushrooms, and onions. It’s perfect as a nice sub sandwich and as a main dish.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
“Now that the weather is getting cooler, I will use my slow cooker all the time!”
That’s something I say every year and yet…it sits on the top of my fridge getting dusty. You know when you pull down an old book from the top shelf of the library, blow on it, and lots of dust flies off? That’s pretty much me every time I pull down my slow cooker.
I always say that I will use it more but in reality, I use it only for making some shredded beef or chicken recipes. When I think slow cooker, I automatically start craving some BBQ chicken or pork. I see so many mouthwatering recipes for soups, and dips, and stews made in a slow cooker and it’s inspiring. But, every time I actually get down to making it, I still go for my stove over the slow cooker. I really like the fact that I can make soups and dips quicker on my stove. When it comes to tender, juicy meats that fall apart in your mouth, much like this Italian Beef, a slow cooker is a must though.
This is one tasty, tasty beef recipe and makes such a nice Italian Beef Dip sandwich too. You can also use it as a main dish and serve it with some roasted potatoes and green beans. Besides these ideas, I’m sure you’ll find many ways to use this shredded Italian Beef.
Don’t forget to save the juices from cooking the beef. It will make a nice dipping liquid for a sandwich.
Slow Cooker Mushroom and Onion Italian Beef
- 2.75 - 3 lbs rump roast
- 1 large yellow onions
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 lb garlic bulb
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes more or less depending on your spicy tolerance
- 1/2 Tbsp dry oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp dry thyme
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley
- 1 Tbsp dry basil
- 1/2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- Beef stock enough to just over the beef about 4-5 cups
- Heat up stock and stir in dry herbs, salt, red pepper flakes, and sugar.
- Place rump roast into the slow cooker and poke some holes all over the roast using a small knife, about 1 1/2 inches deep. Peel garlic cloves and stick individual garlic cloves into the holes.
- Slice onion and mushrooms, not to thin, and add them into the slow cooker.
- Pour prepared stock mixture all over the beef and veggies.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Take the beef out once it's done and shred it using two forks.
- Take onions and mushrooms out of the liquid using a slotted spoon and mix them in with shredded beef.
- Save juices from cooking beef for dipping.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
SOME MORE RECIPES FROM ME: