Gorgeous dinner to impress that special someone on you next date night. It is amazingly delicious and incredibly easy! Salmon Baked in a shape of a rose in smooth, creamy white wine sauce.
Do you have date plans this weekend? If you do, I have a great way for you to impress your date right here. This dish is very easy to make. I know you can do it no matter what kind of cooking skills you have. Guys, don’t be scared and make this for your lady. (Girls, don’t be scared either.) Trust me, this will be very impressive!
This has been one of my absolute favorite recipes for years. First of all, salmon and scallops are my weakness. I could eat them all day, every day. Plus you add my favorite sauce with it and it’s pure heaven!
This dish was on the menu of the restaurant my family used to own and it was always very popular. It was very special on date nights. My mom has been asking me for years about putting it on the blog. Every time I’d mention that I didn’t know what to make, she’d ask if I made Salmon Rose yet. Well, mom, I finally posted it!
You can serve this salmon with any side dish really. Green vegetables go very well with salmon and this sauce so I recommend that you saute some asparagus with a little lemon juice and garlic. White wine can be paired very nicely here as well.
Salmon Rose with Creamy White Wine Sauce
- 2 shallots
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 12 oz fresh salmon fillet skin on
- Prepare the sauce first.
- In a small sauce pot, heat up oil on medium heat and add sliced shallots. Saute until deep golden brown.
- Add wine and simmer until wine is cooked down to half the amount.
- Add heavy cream and stir well. Add sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut skin off salmon. Slice salmon fillet into 1/4 inch, long slices (lengthwise, not widthwise). Try to get 8 slices to make 2 roses.
- Wrap one slice around itself and place it in a small, shallow lightly greased baking dish. (Dish that would fit two roses.) Wrap another slice of salmon around it, then wrap a third one starting on the opposite side and final one on the opposite side from the third. Repeat with the second rose.
- Run sauce through a strainer and carefully pour it in the dish with salmon. Spoon a little bit of the sauce right on the roses.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- You can serve it with some asparagus. Saute asparagus in a pan, over medium heat, with some lemon juice, salt and garlic until bright green and softened.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me:
This was so good and looked so fancy my guest were so impressed! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for the lovely recipes.
Always my pleasure, Liz! Thank you!
Gloria // Simply Gloria says
Lyuba, I bet your mom is so happy you posted this gorgeous recipe… because I am, too! It’s so pretty and would be fun to make for the dinner date at home. 🙂
Hehe, she said “finally.”
Julie @ This Gal Cooks says
Salmon is my FAVORITE type of fish, Lyuba! I know I would love this. And that sauce, OMG, that sauce. Seriously outta this world amazing!
I hope you’ll make it for the next date night 🙂
Thank you so much, Julie!
Laura O|Petite Allergy Treats says
I absolutely love the presentation with this! It’s really is like dining out but with a fraction of the cost. And that cream sauce?! Fantastic. Pinned.
Thank you so much, Laura!