“I was invited to be a brand representative for Ragú® and have been compensated for this post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own. #NewTraDish “
How about this awesome pizza idea? Two Italian classics rolled in one and baked into one amazing pizza. Homemade pizza dough topped with ricotta mixture, beef and cheese!
Football season is in full swing and I know you are itching for some great new snacks to munch on while watching the game. What kind of a football day would it be without pizza? How about an out-of-this-world pizza that is a combination of two great classic Italian dishes? Now I have your attentions! Good!
This is Lasagna Pizza and it’s exactly what it sounds like. I took all the great flavors of lasagna and make a pizza out of it! No way to go wrong with this one. Don’t be scared now, this is not as complicated at it looks at first. Pizza dough is the most difficult thing in the whole recipe and even that is easy.
Of course, you can side-step making your own dough and just get a pre-made pizza dough in your grocery store deli section. Or, you can prepare the dough day before and pull it out when you are ready! Easy-peasy.
Now for the sauce, I used classic Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce. I love the authentic Italian taste of this delicious sauce and it’s quick and easy when making favorite recipes.
Did you know that Ragú® had many recipes right on their website? For this recipe, I actually played around with two classic recipes found on their site, Chunky Gardenstyle Pizza and No Boiling Lasagna.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Homemade Lasagna Pizza
- 1 cup of warm water not hot
- 1 pack of active dry yeast 1.4 oz
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ to 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Homemade Dough from above or store bought
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce
- 15 oz part skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 fresh basil leaves minced
- 1 ½ cup Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dough:
- Place the active dry yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix it with 1 tsp of sugar. Add warm water, stir well and let it bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of flour, salt, honey and olive oil. Mix the dough with a wooden spoon at first and then use your bands until ingredients are combined. Add the other 1/2 cup of flour and knead the dough until combined. (If the dough is too sticky, you might have to add a little more flour.)
- Lightly flour some counter surface and transfer your dough onto the floured surface. Knead the dough until smooth. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Rub a clean bowl with some olive oil and place the dough in it. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and let it rise in a warm place (away from draft or AC is fine) until doubled in size, about 1- 1 1/2 hours. Punch the dough and let it rise again for another 30-45 minutes.
- When ready, take out the dough and knead it for about a minute until smooth.
- At this point, you can place the dough in a large ziplock bag and refrigerate. Remember to lightly grease the bag. (Dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- For Pizza:
- Take out the dough, split it in half and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up some oil on medium heat and add diced onions. Saute onions until transparent and add ground beef. Using a wooden spoon, break up ground beef and add the ½ cup of Ragú® sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is completely done. Drain off all the juices and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, minced basil and some salt. Mix very well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Roll out the dough and place it onto a pizza stone that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. (Or you can use any pizza baking sheet.)
- Spread sauce all over pizza, leaving about ½ inch rim clean. Spread ricotta mixture and then beef mixture over it. Top off with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Recipe from Lyuba at willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Don’t forget to check out Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #NewTraDish.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!