Amazing weekend or holiday breakfast that the whole family will enjoy. French Toast Bake made to taste like Almond Joy candy bar, baked with coconut, almonds and lightly drizzled with chocolate.
Say it with me…”Almond Jooooy for breakfast!”
Do you like Almond Joy? I sure hope so if you’re here. I’m a little obsessed with it, it’s my guilty pleasure for sure. Guilty but oh, it brings me so much pleasure. Coconut, chocolate and almonds, all rolled into one great candy bar. Just like this French Toast, where coconut, almonds and chocolate all rolled into one amazing breakfast.
This is one happy breakfast. It’s not your every day treat, definitely something to serve on a special weekend or a holiday. When the whole family is gathered and you want to serve a big, delicious breakfast…this is it! Best part (aside from being insanely delicious) is that you pre-make it the night before and store it in the fridge. So even if you are half asleep in the morning, all you have to do is take it out and pop it in the oven while you enjoy your morning coffee!
To give this delicious breakfast an extra almond and coconut flavor, I used Silk Almond milk AND I soaked some coconut in it and added a little vanilla before adding it to the dish. Pow! Now that’s some fun flavor play. It came out crazy good!
Almond Joy Overnight French Toast Bake
- 1 loaf of Italian Bread
- 2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced almonds
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of Silk Almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes and about 1/4 cup sliced almonds for topping
- Chocolate syrup for drizzle
- Add Silk to a large mixing bowl and add vanilla extract and a cup of coconut. Let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- Slice Italian bread into 1/2 inch slices.
- Take out coconut flakes from the bowl and spread them in a greased 9x13 bakign dish. Spread half of sliced almonds over coconut.
- Layer half the bread slices over coconut and almonds in a single layer. Spread the other cup of coconut flakes and remaining half of almonds over bread slices.
- Layer remaining bread over the top in an even layer.
- In the bowl with Almond milk, add eggs, sugar and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Spread a little more coconut and almonds and press the bread down with your hands.
- Cover and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolate over the top as you serve.