Wonderful weekend breakfast. Easy Loaded Baked Potato Breakfast Skillet will give you all the great flavors of a loaded baked potato for breakfast. Great recipe to prepare for an active weekend!
I finally got some great potatoes at the farm-to-table truck this week. Fall must coming since potatoes are coming into season. Of course you can get potatoes at the grocery store any time but I was excited to get some potatoes from the local farms.
Little guy has been enjoying some potato dishes for dinner this week and I made a little something for breakfast as well. I love quick baked egg dishes and thought it would be fun to play around with loading it up as a baked potato. It turned out awesome! This egg skillet is loaded with potatoes that have been browned first, crispy maple bacon, green onion and cheese. (Mmm, love crispy potatoes.)
This would make a perfect breakfast for an active weekend!
I made this breakfast skillet with Silk Almond milk. I usually have almond or coconut milk from Silk in my fridge because I like to use it in my morning smoothies and after-run smoothies and shakes. I do play around with adding it to recipes quite often. I’ve added it to pancakes and they came out soft and smooth, just melt in your mouth. So I knew it would be great in eggs too.
You know, you also don’t have to be a vegetarian or have a lactose intolerance to enjoy Silk. I am not either. Actually, I am quite a carnivore and I “loves my cheese!” But, I do like my coconut and almond milks, as well as other Silk products, like yogurt. All silk products are dairy-free and gluten-free. (You can read up on the benefits of plant-based diet on their site!)
Loaded Baked Potato Breakfast Skillet
- 1 medium Idaho potato
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 crispy slices of bacon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- salt fresh cracked pepper
- Optional: some sour cream chopped green onion and bacon for topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk eggs, almond milk, sour cream, salt and pepper until all combined. Set aside.
- Heat a well-seasoned, 10-inch cast iron skillet on stove-top, over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and spread it around.
- Chop potatoes into small cubes and saute until golden and done. Add a little salt. Take off heat and make sure it's spread evenly over the pan.
- Spread crumbled bacon and chopped green onion over potatoes. Pour egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Touch the center to make sure the eggs are all the way cooked.
- Note: Yes, you can make this recipe without a cast iron skillet. Just use a regular saute pan to cook potatoes and transfer to a baking dish-
More Recipes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This conversation was sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.