This is my family’s favorite soup, by far! It’s a Loaded Potato Soup that’s made with crispy bacon, golden potatoes, green onion and some added cream. This soup is full of flavor and makes the best comfort food!
Loaded Potato Soup
I know that I can always count on this soup if the little man is in his “no” mood. He will never say no to this one. I love hearing all the yummy noises coming from hubby and little man when they eat it. It’s the ultimate way to make your cook happy!
Not to tut my own horn but…”tut!” “tut!”
It’s the best potato soup that you will try and I hope that you do try it! The soup is very easy to make and is always gone in a flash!
How to make loaded potato soup:
Start by heating the butter in a large pot and then add chopped bacon and onion.
Saute until it’s nicely golden brown and bacon is done and a bit crispy.
Add the cubed potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. (When preparing potatoes, you can decide if you want to leave skin off or peel it. There are lots of nutrients in the potato skin, so you can wash potatoes well and leave the skin on.)
Add vegetable or chicken stock, enough to just cover the potatoes, and add garlic. Bring the soup to boil on medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low.
Season with salt and pepper and cook until the potatoes very tender, for about 30 minutes.
Stir in dill weed, green onion and heavy cream and mix well. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
Stir in the cheese until melted and enjoy!
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Greatest Baked Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 strips of raw bacon chopped small
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 cups cubed golden potatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock enough to cover the potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill weed
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat up the butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and yellow onion. Saute until golden and bacon is fully cooked.
- Add the cubed potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock (enough to just cover the potatoes) and grated (or minced) garlic. Stir well. Bring the soup to boil on medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until the potatoes very tender, for about 30 minutes.
- Add dill weed, green onion and heavy cream and mix well. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the cheese until melted and serve.