*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NABISCO. The opinions and text are all mine. #NabiscoHolidayParties *
Delicious Hot Apple Pie Dip. Simple and quick to please all the guests at your holiday party.
Oh my gosh, it’s starting to hit me that November is half way gone! Next month and a half will be filled to the brim with food, parties and festivities. Happy time but also crazy time. Okay…more of a crazy time. I mean, there is a reason why everyone takes a deep breath and relaxes when the holidays are finally over.
But, while we are still staring them right in the face, let’s plan and prepare.
Today, I have an easy and oh-so-delicious recipe to share with you and some entertaining tips to make those parties a bit easier on you.
First, the Hot Apple Pie Dip from NABISCO recipe collection. The can’t be a party without NABISCO because they have some of the best snacks to complement any party foods. Before you read the recipe, let me just say…I’ve been missing out! I have never, ever, tried cheddar cheese on apple pie. I’ve heard of it before and thought it was a joke. Then I heard of it again and again and realized that it is actually a thing. After trying this recipe, I can definitely see why it’s a thing. It’s awesome!
Hot Apple Pie Dip and 9 Entertaining Tips
- 1 tub 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese spread
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 apple peeled, cored and chopped, divided in two
- 1 ⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped pecans
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks or WHEAT THINS Toasted Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 and lightly grease a small baking dish. (Think bead dish or 8-inch round.)
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and spice until well blended and smooth.
- Fold in half the apples.
- Spread mixture in the baking dish.
- Mix leftover apples, chopped pecans and cheese and spread it on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS Original Snack or Toasted Chips.
Alright, now let’s move on to some entertaining tips for the party where you can serve this delicious Hot Apple Pie dip with an array of NABISCO dipping options.
1. First, you need to decide on the type of dinner you will be having. Do you want to make it a sit-down family style, or a buffet, or even a potluck.
2. Make a plan: prepare menu ahead of time. Make sure to ask all friends for allergies and special dietary needs. You definitely don’t want to hear “I can’t eat that” at your party.
3. Prep, prep, prep and more prep. Day of the party is hectic enough, so make sure to get as much prep done as possible a day or two before. Try to create your menu so that not everything needs to me made on the day of the party.
4. Prepare music or movie playlist ahead of time. Make sure to put together a nice long playlist, one that can take 5-6 hours (or however long you wish your party to last.) This way, you will not be bothered with changing CDs or DVDs all night.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
6. Whip up some easy and fast appetizers right before guests start arriving. This way, when guests arrive, they won’t be bugging you much while you calmly finish what you need.
7. Drink bar. Set up a separate table or a stand with a nice variety of drinks. You won’t have to worry about pouring everyone a drink and asking each guest. They will be able to help themselves. Plus, conversations begin around the drink table.
8. It’s okay to be late. Don’t rush if you’re not finished when guests arrive. Most will be late anyway and if the host is rushing around, things can get tense. Let it go…if something is not ready, everyone will understand.
9. Relax. Things almost never go according to the plan. So don’t over-plan and leave room for errors.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
One more FUN activity for you…
Make sure to enter the Commenting Sweepstakes below!! You can enter by commenting on this blog post. One winner will be selected at random among all 21 participating blogs to win $1,000. Official rules can be found here: https://bit.ly/1zigJ5U .
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NABISCO. The opinions and text are all mine.