Finally, I get a chance to share the greatest cookie bars with you. This is Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Bars and they are the most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted. I only wish that I could share the actual cookie bars with you, so you could try for yourself.
It’s an Oreo Cookie cookie base topped with a layer of cheesecake and then topped with crumbled Oreo cookies. It will rock your world!
Last week, I asked my Facebook fans to choose the recipe they wanted to see. I had a pretty busy week coming up with pre-scheduled recipes and I has one open spot. I thought it might be fun to let my fans choose what they wanted to see first. I gave them a choice between the pasta salad and these cookie bars. Majority of my readers chose pasta salad. I can definitely understand it since it’s summer and many barbeques are happening, plus it was the July 4th week.
Now, I finally have another chance to share these awesome cookie bars with you. It was definitely worth the wait. I can’t wait to get your comments after your made them. Looking at the pictures is making me want to make them again.
The best part about these cookie bars is the cookie base. The base is made out of the “cannibal” cookies that I shared last year. It’s a soft cookie base made with chunks of Oreos. The cheesecake layer makes the perfect balance between the cookies, balancing the sweetness and texture.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Cookie Base
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbs plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- About 11 chopped Oreo cookies
- ~Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand held mixer), cream together butter and sugar for a couple of minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the ingredients on low speed until combined.
- Chop the Oreos into small pieces. Fold Oreo pieces into the batter.
- Evenly spread the cookie dough in the baking pan.
- Blend the ingredients for the cheesecake layer in the mixer until smooth.
- Evenly spread the cheesecake layer on top of the cookie layer.
- Chop the Oreo cookies and spread them on top. Lightly press the Oreos.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting!