These peanut butter cookies are amazing and easy! They are perfect for an after dinner dessert because they are quick and can involve the whole family. Soft and gooey peanut butter cookies that are loaded with white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips and peanut butter morsels.
Peanut Butter Cookies
I have an adorable story to tell you. About a month ago, while I was at school, my hubby called me and told me that little man was asking for cookies. When hubby told him that there were no cookies in our cookie tin, which is where I store homemade cookies, little man brought him in the kitchen and told him to make cookies.
It needs to be mentioned that my little guy is spoiled. Every time he wants cookies, I quickly whip up some. I can safely say that kids of bloggers are pretty spoiled with homemade treats and mine is no exception.
Well, little man couldn’t understand why daddy couldn’t just whip up some cookies and I didn’t have time to walk him through it over the phone while I was at school. After that, I needed to teach hubby how to make our favorite cookies.
Oatmeal and peanut butter are some of our favorite cookies and peanut butter cookies were a little easier. No mixer required, ready in about 30 minutes and taste fantastic!
One evening, when were were all home, I set out to teach them how to make cookies. I gave them my recipe and stayed in the kitchen, just directing them and taking pictures. They did so well!
Looking at this collage of my boys making cookies, PLEASE excuse the messy kitchen. I had to pull out all the ingredients for them readily available and my kitchen is teeny-tiny.
Normally, only one person can cook in there due to the lack of space. I even trip over the cat who can’t realize that middle of the floor is not the place to sit in a 5×5 kitchen. But boys did great, even in a tiny kitchen, even with my old beat-up oven.
Some more cookie recipe to try:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Soft and Gooey Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Whisk in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. You will need to use your hands here and work the cookie dough until flour is no longer visible.
- Fold in peanut butter morsels, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Form one inch balls with the cookie dough and place then on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using a greased fork, make criss-cross indentations while lightly flattening the cookie dough. You may have to shape the sides of some cookies back.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool these yummy...crispy on the outside and gooey, chewy on the inside cookies on a cooling rack to room temperature!
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on April 29, 2014.