Homemade Parmesan Chicken Fries {Baked!}

I got something fun for you today! This is a healthier version of the chicken fries that you can find at fast food restaurants. It’s baked chicken fries strips, made with undoubtedly real chicken and extra flavors of Parmesan cheese. The kids will love it and the you will feel great for serving it!

Homemade {Baked} Chicken Fries

Ah-mazing!

Homemade_Baked_Chicken_Fries_5ed

It’s no big secret that my little man is obsessed with fries. Ever since he discovered it, he has fallen in love. Every time I ask him what he wants for lunch, he screams “French fry!!”  I don’t really like to fry food, so I usually bake if for him or make him potato straws. A three and a half year old can still be fulled by that, luckily.
Since he can be happy with that, I wanted to make him some chicken that he can be happy with as well. I’m pretty lucky with the food he eats because he eats veggies and soups and meats, but he is much picker now than he was just a year ago. He is picker even about his favorite dishes. The major issue with him is taking that first bite. If he doesn’t recognize what the food looks like, he will not eat it. If I can get him to try what’s in front of him, he is golden. So, if you have picky eaters, I would definitely recommend this homemade chicken fries. It’s pretty easy to make, delicious and wholesome!!

Homemade_Baked_Chicken_Fries_1edHomemade Chicken Fries Collage

Homemade Parmesan Chicken Fries {Baked!}

Ingredients
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup dry Parmesan cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease the baking sheet.
  2. Slice the chicken breasts into long, thin strips.
  3. In one bowl, whisk the egg. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
  4. Bread the strips by dipping them in bread crumbs, then egg, then bread crumbs again. Press the breading onto the chicken.
  5. Lay the chicken fries on the baking sheet and bake them for about 7 minutes, then turn then over and bake for another 7 minutes.

I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab. Swing by and link up your own projects!

Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday!!

Homemade_Baked_Chicken_Fries_2ed

Don’t miss any updates and recipes from me, follow me through emails| FacebookTwitterPinterest|

Comments

1. says

These look delicious! I bet my husband would love them. He loves anything with breadcrumbs on it!

I found you on the Sundae Scoop link party!

2. says

These look amazing! If I leave out the bread crumbs, I can make it low carb. What a great idea! I remember getting chicken fries when I was kid… don’t remember where though. Thanks for yet another great idea!

toddlindsey.com

3. says

They look great!! I have an adult son with autism who is learning to cook, I’m going for healthier things he’ll like that are easy, too. Seems to fit the bill perfectly. I pinned it so we can have it when we’re ready. Thanks.
    Janet

4. says

New Follower from Tuesday Talent Show. These look delicious. I will add them to my list to make. Take a look at my blog when you can.

5. says

My boys love anything “fry-like.” I am going to try to adapt this recipe for our allergies, and try it this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing.

6. Kim says

Can these be cooked and frozen safely for a quick pull out and microwave after a long day or easy lunch? Really like the idea they are made by me not a processing plant!!

• lyuba says

Hi Kim!
      I’m sure you can freeze them either before or after cooking. I’d recommend that you pop them in the oven to cook though, instead of microwave, only to keep them crispy. Microwave would make them soggy instead. If you freeze them before, you would bake them longer, of course.