These M&M Rice Krispies treats make a fun Easter treat. Homemade rice Krispies treats coated is pastel colored chocolate candy.
I wonder if I’m the only one who thinks of Rice Krispies treats when it’s Easter time. It seems like I made different Easter themed Rice Krispies treats every year. Last year is was Krispies Chocolate Egg Basket and Coconut Krispies Easter Eggs the year before. It’s becoming somewhat of a tradition and pretty much the only time I make rice krispies treats.
While I was looking around in the holiday isle, at a store, I found Easter themed M&Ms. My boys love M&Ms, so I decided to combine the two treats into one. I also took some of these treats to my sister’s competition, to share with her friends. (She got the regional champion title in her category, for her solo dance …3rd one!) The treats were a hit!
These treats would be perfect for Easter parties and egg hunts!
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tbs butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 3-4 tbs marshmallow fluff
- 1 bag 10.9 oz of Easter M&Ms
- In a large bowl, combine butter and marshmallows. Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix well and cook for another 45 seconds, until completely melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the bottom and the sides of a large baking pan (13x9) with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
- Spread the rice krispie mixture in the pan, evenly. Press lightly and cool in the fridge for about 15-20 min.
- Using an egg shaped cookie cutter, cut out the rice krispie eggs. (I suggest lightly greasing your hands while handling the rice krispie treats).
- Using a small plastic spatula, cover the sides and the top of the egg with a thin layer of marshmallow fluff.
- Quickly, add the M&Ms to the sides and the top of the eggs. Press lightly.