I know that I promised to share my son’s birthday cupcakes with you last week. I’m a little late, but I’m sharing them today and they were WONDERFUL! These are Red Velvet Oreo Cupcakes and they are a slice of heaven! Red velvet cupcakes made with crushed Oreo cookies and cream cheese frosting.
I can’t believe that my little guy turned FOUR last week. How is the time going by so fast?!
I’ve been hearing it every day that time goes by fast and to savor every moment. It truly does go by too fast!
On Monday he is going to pre-K and I’m just so not ready to have my baby in school already. Next thing I know, I will be sending him to college. Ok…ok…I can’t think of that!
We took the little man to Disney World last week and WE HAD A BLAST!
He met Mickey and Buzz, he danced with Pluto, Goofy, Stitch and the chipmunks! We went on all kinds of rides including four (4) times on the people mover. He just LOVED the people mover ride….”It’s the tunnel!!” For some reason, he loved going through the tunnels.
I also ordered a special T-Shirt for his special birthday! I had his birthday t-shirt made by the sweet Tara from The Trendy Treehouse!
She did such an awesome job!! Doesn’t he look so cute in it?!
After we came back from a day of fun at Disney (well after we crashed for about 12 hours,) we had a small family party with cupcakes and presents. He loved the cupcake and all the presents very much. Well….he licked off all the frosting (as always) and took a few bites of the cupcakes. That means he loved it! (He is really a cookie boy.)
(**Email Subscribers: Please click through to the site for the recipes**)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-3 tsp red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 Oreo Cookies, crushed in food processor
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners. (I also used two muffin pans, I had batter for 16 cupcakes)
- In a bowl on an electric mixer, beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla on medium low.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat on low until smooth and just combined.
- Add MOST of the crushed Oreo cookies (set aside about 2 tbs to top of the cupcakes.) and stir on low until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake cups, filled about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure the cupcakes are cooked through. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth and light. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Lower the speed to low and slowly add the powder sugar. Beat until just incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and mix until very light and fluffy. (about another 1-1½ minutes)
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining crushed Oreos.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!