Tasty and easy seafood pasta dish loaded with different kinds of seafood, spinach, and peas. This pasta dinner is made with shrimp, scallops, mussels, spinach, and peas. Seafood, pasta, and veggies are simmered in a delicious creamy sauce made with white wine, basil, and a touch of lemon zest.
This week, we had an awesome day on a field trip at Legoland. Little man had so much fun that he was too exhausted to walk to the car at the end of the day. It was a day full of first for him and he was truly having a blast. He went on his first roller coaster (over, and over, and over again). He got his face painted, which is something he completely refused to do in the past. He won some carnival games and scored big at the Lego store. It was an awesome field trip and I was glad we didn’t do it later in the spring. The weather was 85 and sunny and that is about as much heat as we can take being at an amusement park all day.
Spring is in full swing here, in Florida. We’ve been hitting some record high temperatures in February, after hitting record low temperatures in January. I miss January but it seems like spring is already here to stay. I’m starting to clean out the backyard and getting it ready for the BBQ season, I’m getting ready to re-plant the flowers that I lost over winter cold, and I’m getting some nice spring recipes ready to share with everyone who is still waiting on spring.
I’m not sure how I feel about spring being here already. It seems too soon. Even thought I like the flowers, backyard cookouts, and the fact that it’s not too hot to be outside, I still think that one month is not enough time for winter.
I have a great spring recipe for you today, loaded with fresh seafood and veggies. It’s a fairly simple dish and what I love most about seafood, is how fast it cooks.
This pasta dish is made even better by the fact that you can use pretty much any seafood you want. You can chop raw salmon into chunks and add it with other seafood. You can also use other types of fish, lobster, calamari, and even crab. Just be careful to pick out all the shells out of crab meat first and add it towards the end of cooking process. Also, try to keep all the cuts about the same size to ensure even cooking.
Creamy Spinach and Peas Seafood Pasta
- 3/4 lb uncooked pasta
- 2 shallots sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water from cooking pasta
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1/2 lb raw scallops
- 1/4 lb raw mussels (more if you wish)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions and set aside. SAVE 1/2 cup of water from cooking pasta.
- Heat up a large cooking pan over medium heat and add a little bit of canola oil for cooking.
- Add sliced shallots to the pan and cook until transparent.
- Add minced garlic to the onions, stir and cook until fragrant.
- Add peas and chopped spinach. Mix, cover and cook until spinach is done. Season with some salt.
- Add wine and simmer for about a minute. Add pasta water and stir.
- Add mussels to the pan, cover and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops. (If shrimp and scallops are very different size, then add the larger one first to cook a little longer and then smaller one. Ex., if using baby scallops, they would be much smaller than shrimp and cook faster, so add them a little later.) Cover and cook everything until seafood is just about done.
- Add heavy whipping cream, lemon zest, basil, and some more salt. Stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and serve.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes You Might Like:
Tortellini with Peas, Asparagus and Bacon
Ravioli with Seafood Spinach and Mushrooms
Leave a Reply