Easy and finger-licking-delicious breakfast pastry. Flaky puff pastry topped with honey ham, sharp white cheddar cheese and eggs.
What’s your favorite thing to have for breakfast?
Unlike my little guy, I am not a huge fan of pancakes or waffles. I know, I know, “hiss” at me! I do love egg dishes thought and I’ll take pastries any day. If I can put two together, well that’s just perfection. That’s probably why I’ve been obsessed with egg souffles in pastry and these breakfast pastry squares.
I’ve had a little love-hate relationship with a great Starbucks pastry. I love their Ham and Cheese Squares but I hate having to go out and get it. (Plus I can make 8 pastries at home for the cost of three at the coffee shop.) So I make my own breakfast pastry that is inspired by the Starbucks savory squares. You can make your own in under 30 minutes. Trust me, you will want to make them because they are scrumptious!
I don’t add Béchamel sauce to my pastries through because I feel like it would be way too much with the egg. As delicious as Béchamel is, I prefer having an egg on top. If you are looking for a hardier breakfast though, feel free to mix in some Béchamel or white gravy with the ham and cheese mixture, or pour a tablespoon of sauce in each pastry.
Ham, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pastry
Flaky puff pastry topped with honey ham, sharp white cheddar cheese and eggs.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry 17.3 oz pack
- 5 oz diced honey ham
- 4 oz grated sharp white cheddar
- 8 medium eggs
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Thaw puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet in 4 equal squares.
- Dice ham and grate cheese on a fine grater. Mix ham and cheese with some salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Fold up edges of each square, about 1/4 inch thick, to create kind of a border.
- Divide ham and cheese mixture among the squares. Make a little well in the center just to the egg stays in the middle.
- Break an egg in the center of each pastry. Add some salt on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until pastry is raised and golden brown.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Ham & Cheese Breakfast Enchiladas from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Skinny Fried Egg and Avocado Toast from Simple Green Moms
Hash Brown Egg Nests with Avocado from The Cooking Jar
Cheesy Baked Egg Toasts from Crazy Adventures in Parenting
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: