This sandwich is amazing! It’s quick and guaranteed to satisfy you and your taste buds…oh and the family too! This Pesto Rotisserie Chicken Panini is made with fresh, homemade pesto, rotisserie chicken and Fontina cheese!
Here is another one of my quickly meals that I make for myself on a busy day. After running around between my school, little man’s school, blog work and house work, I often realize that not much time is left for making myself something to eat. I’ve already shared a few quick recipes and here is my new favorite lunch!
I still have basil that’s growing like a weed, so I try to incorporate it in the recipes. Fresh Pesto is something I always have in the fridge. I LOVE putting pesto on sandwiches and the little guy loves it on pasta.
Rotisserie chicken is also a perfect way to add great flavor to my panini when I don’t have much time. Use lemon-pepper, mojo or original!
Pesto Rotisserie Chicken Panini
- 4 slices Italian Bread or ciabatta, or baguette
- 1 cup Rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 cup Fontina cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- Salt to taste
- Take the meat off the rotisserie chicken and shred it using two forks.
- For one sandwich: use about 1/2 cup of shredded, rotisserie chicken, 1/2 cup of shredded Fontina cheese and 1 tbs of pesto. Mix chicken, pesto and cheese together and spread between two slices of bread. Brush the outer sides of bread with olive oil and grill on each side until toasty and the cheese is melted. (Use a panini press if you have one.)