1 cup of Arborio Rice
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
3 cups of vegetable stock
1/2 cup +1 tbs heavy cream
1 cup of cooked pumpkin
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. In a deep large skillet, heat up the olive oil
2. Add the shallots and carrots, saute for 2-3 minutes
3. Add the Arborio rice and saute for a couple of minutes
4. Add the white wine and 1 cup of stock. Cook, stirring often until liquid is absorbed
5. Add 1/2 cup of stock and 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Cook, stirring often until liquid is absorbed.
6. Keep adding the stock and heavy cream portions until rice is completely cooked.
7. When rice is just about done, add the pumpkin, salt, pepper and nutmeg and finish cooking the rice.
***If you ran out of liquids and rice is not done yet, add 1/4 cup of stock at a time until rice is done!
* I am linking this recipe to the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?