This recipe was a surprise for me. I was thinking of what to make with the pumpkin and I wanted something new, something I haven’t made before. I found pumpkin bars in my old cookbook and decided to alter it to my taste. Hazelnut was an experimental ingredient, but it actually goes very well with pumpkin! This recipe will also be good for muffins!
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups of pumpkin puree
1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tsp hazelnut syrup
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup of chopped hazelnuts
~Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar hard for a couple of minutes
2. Add the sour cream and pumpkin puree, mix well
3. Add the hazelnut syrup, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix very well breaking all the crumbles that may have formed
4. Add the chopped hazelnuts, mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes then do a toothpick test. If the blondies are not done yet, bake or another 10 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to Friday, Sunday and Wednesday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!