Valentine’s day is only two weeks away and I am having all these ideas brewing in my head. Hubby has been very spoiled with all my V-day recipe try-outs. So far, I can’t choose a new V-day favorite but I remade an old favorite with lovely twist.
I made this Stuffed French Toast a few months ago and it was a huge hit, hot only at home but also with my followers. I thought that reinventing it would be a good idea.
This breakfast is perfect for sharing on a romantic morning! A breakfast in bed, for two!
4 slices of wheat bread (try not to get a very soft bread)
1 tbs milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sugar
2 oz cream cheese
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out the shapes in the bread. You can get two out of one slice. Save the bread and use it for some more french toast of the side.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar. Mix well.
3. Batter the hearts and cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
4. Spread some cream cheese filling on four hears and cover with the other four.
5. Top off with some strawberries, pomegranate seeds and powder sugar.
* I am linking this recipe to the THESE PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?