I’m sharing some AMAZING Crab Stuffed Mushrooms with you today! These stuffed mushrooms are a piece of food heaven for anyone who loves seafood, mushrooms or just great food! Perfect combination of cream cheese, herbs, crab and Parmesan cheese.
Oh, what a busy week!
The little guy started school and I am starting school on Monday! Yikes!
I do have some excitement so share! (Although, I’m excited only because I haven’t started yet, I’m sure.)
Some of you might remember how I told you that I got the Graduate Student Assistant job for this school year. This means that I will be working with a professor in my department and helping with undergraduate classes. This week, I found out that I got a great professor to work with! She is actually the director of our grad program and she is a great mentor. I am very excited to help her teach an online class but I’m also very nervous!
This is promising to be such a busy year. I’m trying to get some delicious recipes accomplished before I get too busy.
I’ve had these Crab Stuffed Mushrooms on my “to make” list for the longest time and I finally made them for myself. Yeap, all for myself! The little one is in his “nope” stage, where he refuses to try anything new. The big one is refusing to try anything that has seafood in it. Whatever, more for me!
I was so happy that it was more for me because it was SO delicious!! The crab mixed with some creaminess and fresh herbs is just a flavor heaven. The second I took the first bite, I got that “Oh…My…Gaa…” feeling. That’s exactly what you want from a dish!
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- (Stems of the above mushrooms)
- 2 tsp olive oil, to toss mushrooms
- 1 tbs olive oil, to saute veggies
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- Finely chopped mushrooms stems from above
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz of claw or lump crab meat
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Wash your mushrooms and carefully take off the stems. Toss the mushrooms lightly is olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat a saute pan and 1 tbs of olive oil on medium high heat. Saute the finely chopped mushrooms onion until starting to caramelize. Crash the garlic into the onion/mushroom mizture and saute just until fragrant. Set veggies aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crab, cream cheese, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, dill, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
- Place the mushroom cups into the baking dish. Carefully fill the cups with the mixture pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more. (I like to staff them like I'm the only one eating them...fill 'em up!)
- Grate some fresh Parmesan over the mushrooms.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for about 20-25 minutes making sure that the mushrooms are completely cooked and hot throughout. (If you are using more, smaller mushrooms then adjust the time accordingly.)
Some More Appetizer Inspiration:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!