Sorry I’ve been a little quiet this week, but I have a great recipe for you today. I’m sharing one of my new favorite comfort dinners. It’s Creamy Rosemary Tomato Tortellini, made with four cheese whole wheat tortellini, tossed in pan-roasted tomato & fresh rosemary cream sauce.
I’ve been falling in love with tortellini lately. I don’t know what took us so long to “meet” but we are together now and no one can keep us apart!
I was messing around in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago, playing Chopped. Have you ever played Chopped in your kitchen?
It’s not so much playing it as forced to. If I haven’t gotten a chance to go grocery shopping and I need to have a dinner, I open the fridge and …
“Hmmm, what can I make with butter, sour cream, baking soda and batteries?”
Ha ha, may be it doesn’t go exactly like that, but you get the jest.
This wonderful dinner came out to be on one of those “what can I make” nights. It turned out delicious and I’ve actually made it a couple more times since. Great comfort dinner…easy and tasty.
- 9 oz whole wheat (refrigerated) tortellini (I used four cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbs of roux
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to the package and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, cook the onion and whole tomatoes on medium-high heat until nicely caramelized.
- Add fresh rosemary and saute for a few more seconds, until aromatic.
- Lower the heat to medium and slowly pour in the heavy cream. Add salt and pepper.
- When the cream is heated through, whisk in the roux. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Toss the tortellini and rosemary tomato sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!