Creamy Rosemary Tomato Tortellini, made with four cheese whole wheat tortellini, tossed in pan-roasted tomato & fresh rosemary cream sauce.
I’ve been falling in love with tortellini lately. I don’t know what took us so long to “meet” but we are together now and no one can keep us apart!
I was messing around in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago, playing Chopped. Have you ever played Chopped in your kitchen?
It’s not so much playing it as forced to. If I haven’t gotten a chance to go grocery shopping and I need to have a dinner, I open the fridge and …
“Hmmm, what can I make with butter, sour cream, baking soda and batteries?”
Ha ha, may be it doesn’t go exactly like that, but you get the jest.
This wonderful dinner came out to be on one of those “what can I make” nights. It turned out delicious and I’ve actually made it a couple more times since. Great comfort dinner…easy and tasty.
Creamy Rosemary Tomato Tortellini
- 9 oz whole wheat refrigerated tortellini (I used four cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbs roux: 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour and 1/2 tbsp softened butter
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to the package and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, cook the onion and whole tomatoes on medium-high heat until nicely caramelized.
- Add fresh rosemary and saute for a few more seconds, until aromatic.
- Lower the heat to medium and slowly pour in the heavy cream. Add salt and pepper.
- When the cream is heated through, whisk in the roux. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Toss the tortellini and rosemary tomato sauce. Serve immediately.
Thank you, Marilyn!!
Wow this looks amazing….definitely going to be added to the menu board!
I have a link party and spice giveaway that ends tonight that I thought you might like to enter! http://www.4you-withlove.com/2013/09/party-thyme-abcs-and-123s-link-party.html
Have a wonderful day!
Thank you, Marilyn!!
Kristen Duke says
Wow this sounds delicious! That’s too funny you play Chopped with what you have on hand 🙂
Thank you, Kristen 🙂
Couscous & Consciousness says
Gorgeous dish – it’s amazing what you can pull together from a few pantry ingredients.
Thank you! 🙂
I have three HUGE Rosemary plants that are flourishing. Always in need of a new recipe to use it in…this looks awesome!
So glad to inspire! Thank you, Kristi!
This looks so delicious, tortellini’s the best! It feels so good to come up with a spectacular dish when there is little in the fridge to work with. I agree it really does feel like Chopped or Master Chef when I only have the most random stuff to cook with, haha. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Brittany 🙂 🙂
Lyuba, thanks for sharing on Marvelous Monday – pinned and sharing on FB!
Thank you, Deb!
Yummy! I love this!
Come link up with me and share!
Thank you, Jennie!
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats says
haha.. I don’t know how the batteries would taste but so glad you came up with this dish in your own “chopped challenge”. 🙂 Beautiful pics, I want to eat the screen right now! Pinning!
Haha, Thanks, Krista!
Something to try, for sure!
It’s definitely worth it!
Yum! I wish this was my lunch right now! Pretty too!
Thank you so much, Tahny!