Christmas mood is all around with the holiday being less than a month away! Now that Thanksgiving is over, we are in a full Christmas baking, decorating and shopping mode!
Let’s start with baking… or non-baking…
Today, the blog has been taking over by my baby sister to share our first Christmas treat of the season!
So I will step away, while she entertains you!
“Hello everyone, Cinderella and Jasmine here!
We’re two best friends living the sunshine state life. We go to the same school. When we’re not in school, we’re dancing our hearts out. When we’re not at the studio, we’re hanging out! We tend to try a new culinary experiment every time we “chill.” We’re not exactly “bakers,” so we wanted to find a tasty, easy-to-make treat! So we found a recipe for Oreo Bites. They’re a joyful, messy treat, that takes no more than an hour to an hour and a half to make (including the chill time), and don’t require the use of an oven!
I am spending this weekend with our “master baker” and wanted to share this quick chocolaty treat with her readers! This is my first blog experience, so be patient and nice!”
- 1 pack of Peppermint Oreo cookies
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 3.5-oz Hershey's Peppermint chocolate bars
- Crush the Oreo cookies in the blender until all crushed.
- Mix the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs until smooth and even.
- Form about 1-inch balls and place them on a cutting board lined with parchment paper.
- Place them in the freezer for about an hour.
- When you are ready to take out the Oreo balls, melt the chocolate bars in the microwave-safe container on half the power. Start with one minutes (on half the power) and mix. Heat for an additional 30 seconds (again at half the power). If needed, keep heating and mixing for 30 second at a time until all melted. (Always on half the power.)
- Dip the cold Oreo balls in the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment paper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| to keep up with the recipes!