Beautiful French Toast dish that would be absolutely perfect for a holiday breakfast and brunch. Tasty slices of French Toast covered with sweet, fresh cranberry compote.
I’ve had this French Toast dish on my mind since the first blow of cool breeze. This whole month, fresh cranberries have been on my shopping list, jumping from one to another over and over. I was waiting so impatiently for cranberries to get to the store. I’ve been to a total of four different stores (and a couple of them I frequent daily) with no luck of getting any cranberries. Then finally, I stopped at a store this weekend to pick up some milk and BINGO….cranberries!
The second I got home, I started on brunch. This French Toast takes no more than 30 minutes and it is finger-licking-good!! Yum, yum!
This cranberry compote topping is so good, I made another batch after brunch and saved them for little man’s waffles. Since he is a picky little thing, I mixed it right into the waffle batter. These were some of the best waffles, ever! I definitely recommend that you make some of this cranberry compote for pancakes, waffles or even on top of toast.
Cranberry Bliss French Toast
- 6 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- French Toast:
- 4 thick slices of Italian Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Combine cranberries, maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Mix well and cover. Let it cook for about 15 minutes and take off the lid. Stir and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and lightly grease it.
- In a wide/shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar until smooth.
- Dip bread in egg mixture on both sides a couple of times.
- Place bread in the cooking pan and cook for a few minutes on each side, until nicely golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Plate French Toast and top it with cranberry compote.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Brown Sugar French Toast from This Gal Cooks
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole from Recipes that Crock
Make Ahead Pumpkin French Toast Casserole from Very Culinary
French Toast Eggs in a Home from A Cozy Cook