Dinner salad made with all the wonderful Greek flavors and easy homemade dressing. The whole salad will take you 30 minutes to put together and it makes for a light, yet filling meal.
This is one of my favorite salads of all time and it’s a go-to quick salad in my family.
I have no idea how it started and why it’s a go-to salad now but this is the salad that mom and I make as a side to just about any meal. It’s also a salad that we usually make for holiday dinners. It could be because it’s so simple to put together but holds a whole lot of flavor in it. It really does make a great quick side dish without meat or a lunch/dinner salad just by adding chicken.
You can also mix things up and add seared steak on top. Just sear a skirt steak with some salt and pepper, to your preferred doneness, slice it thin and add to salad instead of chicken. Of course, you won’t want to use lemon juice when cooking steak but do use it if making chicken. Lemon pepper chicken is absolutely perfect on this Greek Salad. You will also want to get your meat, whether using steak or chicken, nice and golden brown on both sides. There is always so much natural flavor that comes out from seared meats, you won’t want to miss it.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt, fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red whine vinegar
- 3 lg garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- 1½ Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- Salt, fresh cracked pepper
- 1 head of lettuce (I use Romaine)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- ½ small red onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- Cook chicken breast in a lightly greased pan with lemon juice, salt and pepper. (Set heat to just a bit higher than medium to get a nice golden-brown color on chicken without cooking it too fast on the outside.) Cook until fully done and golden brown on both sides. Set aside until cooled enough to be handled.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing. Whisk well and press a few times with the fork to get cilantro and garlic flavors infused into dressing. Set side.
- Slide peppers, cucumber and onions thin and cut tomatoes in half.
- Tear or cut lettuce and divide among 4 large plates.
- Divide remaining salad ingredients among the plates.
- Thinly slice cooked chicken breasts and divide among the plates.
- Dress salads as serving.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Chicken Taco Salad from Life In The Lofthouse
Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad from The Flavor Mosaic
Candied Pecan Craisin Feta Salad from Chef In Training
Pineapple Spinach Salad from The Food Charlatan
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: