Delicious, juicy Taco Burger stuffed with gooey cheese. These burgers are not just stuffed with cheese, they are also packed with taco spices, served with creamy chili sauce and crispy taco tortilla strips.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
We got a new toy this week. A brand new, shiny grill!
It’s not actually too shiny because it’s black, but it’s still new and a little shiny. I’m sad to retire my good ‘ole grill but if I’m honest, it was a pain in a butt. For some reason, my husband and I thought it would be a good idea to get a split grill, half gas and half charcoal. In theory, it is a good idea because you have a choice of convenience every time you grill but that was not the reality for us. As it turns out, we do not like grilling with gas and have not used that side once…not once! To make things worse, the gas side of the grill takes 3/4 of the whole thing and that leaves a tiny little edge for the charcoal.
Now, we have a brand new, all charcoal grill and all the space we want! No more grilling in batches. If I want to make 15 Taco Burgers at the same time, I can do that no problem.
Speaking of burgers, this Taco Burger is fantastic and packed with flavor!
These burgers would be perfect to grill for a Cinco de Mayo party or ANY other day you feel like biting into a delicious, juicy burger.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning (small portion set aside)
- About 6 oz cheddar Jack cheese, block
- Burger buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Red Onion
- Creamy Chili Sauce:
- 5 oz plain yogurt
- 1 chili pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp sugar
- Tortilla Strips:
- 2 taco sized tortillas (corn or flour)
- Taco seasoning
- For burgers:
- Combine ground beef, ground pork, and diced red onion in a mixing bowl. Add most of the taco seasoning packet to the meat but set a little bit aside for preparing the tortilla strips. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide meat mixture into several even portion. The amount of burgers will depend on how big you want the patties to be.
- Quickly flatten out each burger patty and place a couple of slices of cheddar Jack cheese in the middle. Bring edges together to close the cheese in the middle. Quickly pat it to seal.
- Cook burger patties in a preheated pan over medium heat until burgers reach your desired temperature.
- Creamy Chili Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in the blender. Pulse until all is blended and smooth. Taste to see if you need to add any more salt.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Taco tortilla strips:
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Sprinkle tortillas with leftover taco seasoning and cut them into thin strips.
- Spread the strips on a baking sheet, in one even layer.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until crispy.
- To build burgers:
- Add some creamy chili sauce onto each bottom bun. Add some shredded lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, cooked burger patty, and crispy tortilla strips. You can drizzle some to sauce on top, if you wish. Top off with the top bun and dive in!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: