These little baked sliders might be easy to make but they fly off the plate with the speed of light. A delicious flavor combination of brown sugar, crispy bacon, apples, and cheddar in one slider sandwich.
Do you find mini burgers and sandwiches cute and fun? I sure do, anything seems more fun in a “mini” version. Think miniature versions of large dog breeds, MINI Cooper car, miniature toys, and of course…the teacup pig. (Even though the teacup pig is only tiny for it’s younger years, it’s still too cute not to love.) Same goes for food, “mini” is so much more fun. As an added bonus, bite-sized food is party friendly.
We have an ultimate party coming very soon, where bite-sized food is highly encouraged, even mandated. Super Bowl is less than a month away and that’s a food and football heaven.
Super Bowl is always centered around football and food. Any footballs party I’ve ever been to, you could not show up without food…or beer. Of course, I’m always the one with the food.
When I plan to bring food to a football party, or plan my own party, I think finger foods. Sweet or savory, it all comes down to things you can quickly grab and pop in your mouth. Noone wants to sit there with a knife and a fork, especially when there is danger of the person next to you suddenly jumping up in excitement. You do not want to end up with a plate of spaghetti on you lap after a touchdown.
That is precisely why we are talking about some delicious (and super easy) baked sliders. Making these sliders is as easy as layering four ingredients and popping them in the oven but that is not all. These mini sandwiches are packed with some delicious flavors. First of all, the crispy bacon that is baked with brown sugar for a delicious caramelized sweetness. Second, the flavor combination of apple, bacon, and cheddar is to die for! It might be unexpected for some people to have an apple added to a savory sandwich, but once they try it, they can’t get enough.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Apple Bacon Cheddar Baked Sliders
- 9 slices of bacon**
- About 3 tsp brown sugar
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 slider buns
- 1 small Granny Smith apple cored and sliced thin
- 4-6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- **If using a very thin bacon you may want to make extra.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Layer raw slices of bacon on the prepared baking sheet, side by side, in one even layer.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar over each slice of bacon and rub it evenly. Grate some black pepper all over bacon slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. (Bake time highly depends on the thickness of bacon. Some bacon can take up to 23 minutes to bake. Make sure to check on bacon every couple of minutes after the first 13 min.)
- Take cooked bacon out. Place a sheet of paper towel on a plate and lay bacon strips on the paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- Set oven temperature to 350.
- Cut slider buns in half, width-wise. Place bottom halves, side by side, in a baking dish.
- Fold bacon slices in half and layer them over bottom buns. Each slider will have about 1 1/2 slices of bacon.
- Place 2-3 thin slices of apple over bacon.
- Top apples with a slice of cheddar cheese. You can break slices of cheese to fit the slider bun if you don't want the cheese to run off onto the baking dish.
- Place top buns over cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- **Note: feel free to double or triple the recipe as needed.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Oven Baked Mini Burgers from Wonky Wonderful
Greek Chicken Burgers from Nutmeg Nanny
Mini Steak Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions from Well Plated
Baked Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Slider Recipes: