Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips is a delicious and easy family dinner. Juicy chicken tenders glazed with a combination of maple syrup and Dijon mustard and wrapped in thick applewood bacon.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Last week, I got an incredible opportunity to go visit Tyson Headquarters in Arkansas. I was so touched that Tyson invited me into their home to meet the great people that work there and learn about their company. It was pretty cool to get behind the scenes tour, made me feel very special.
When I think of company headquarters, makes me think of a business building, cubicles, offices, grey walls, stuff like that. Tyson was nothing like that. It was very warm and has a family-like feeling.
They have a Tyson history museum right in the main lobby, where everyone can see the progress through the years, from the very first chicken truck and egg incubator to the present time.
I also loved the art collection in the halls. It was completely unexpected to see the art from local and world famous artists in the halls.
Mostly, I was happy to see the care that goes into the product development and product testing in this company. It’s something that everyone would hope any food company would do but seemed unexpected anyway.
They put in months of planning and development into each new product and constant testing of the new and existing products. We learned how they make constant improvement to the products and always open to the customer’s opinions and suggestions.
It was so much fun to be a part of new product testing as well. We tasted so many new products and even those that are not on a market yet. My favorite turned out to be Chicken Spinach & Feta Toastini.
Oh, sorry, I just keep blabbering on and you are here for that juicy bacon wrapped chicken recipe, right? This chicken meal idea is amazing you you will definitely be licking your fingers and your plates after it.
It’s made with juicy chicken strips and wrapped in bacon. For an additional flavor pop, I glazed that chicken with maple syrup and Dijon mustard mixture.
The combination of flavors is just divine and this chicken strips recipe is so easy to make.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips
- 1.15 lb Package of Tyson chicken tenders usually 8 strips
- 8 slices of Wright Applewood bacon
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Preheat a seasoned iron cast skillet on stove top, over medium heat, and rub a little more oil over it.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper together. Add chicken strips and mix until each chicken strip is coated in the mixture.
- Wrap bacon slice around each chicken strip and place them in the skillet, loose end down. Sprinkle with a little more salt if you wish.
- Seat chicken strips for a few minutes of each side, until it starts to golden and transfer the skillet into the oven.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until bacon is nicely golden brown.
- **Don't have a cast iron skillet? Don't worry, this dish can be made on stove-top or in another oven-safe pan.**
*Disclosure: This post has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% my own.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on May 14, 2014.