I have an amazing turkey sandwich to share with you today! It’s a copycat recipe of my favorite restaurant sandwich. It’s an oven-roasted turkey sandwich on homemade pretzel roll! Yum!
Do you guys remember a restaurant named Bennigans? If you do, you definitely remember Turkey O’Toole. If you don’t, that’s too bad, it was a nice restaurant. I actually worked there while I was going to college, me and my hubby both worked there. Out of all the restaurants where I worked, Bennigans was the best one. It was like a big family…until it started to sink and eventually went out of business. No happy ending there, just happy memories.
It really is too bad that it closed because the food was really good! I had quite a few favorites on the menu. The most popular item was Monte Cristo sandwich, for sure. I never tried it because deep fried sandwich that’s also covered in powder sugar was not something that was appealing to me. Turkey O’Toole and Baked Potato Soup were definitely tied for second most popular and my favorites I loved Turkey O’Toole and I’ve been craving it for the longest time.
Finally, I decided to make it. I used my Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe , without rosemary. I definitely recommend that you get oven roasted turkey from your deli when making this sandwich. The sandwich was originally served with Honey Dijon but I also like Honey Mustard for it.
(Click the above image to take you to the pretzel recipe)
Copycat Turkey O’Toole
- 1 Pretzel Roll
- 4-6 oz Oven Roasted Deli Turkey
- 1 tbsp Honey Mustard
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil to saute the turkey
- Heat up a medium sized pan and add the oil.
- Rip the oven roasted turkey in pieces and saute for a few minutes.
- Cut the pretzel roll in half and spread the honey mustard on the bottom.
- Gather the turkey into one pile and top it off with cheese. Wait until the cheese is melted and add the turkey/cheese to the pretzel roll.