It’s no big secret that we love French Toast around here. This time, I wanted to mix it up a little and make a savory French Toast. It was so delicious, I can’t believe that I haven’t tried it before.
I have a weakness for smoked cheeses, especially Gouda. I though it would be a perfect for this French Toast, it really was! I got some fresh herbs from my garden as well. I do hope that you try it and like it as much as we did!
One good thing about living in Florida, is the fact that I can have an herb garden outside, year-round. The weather had been horrible, it’s 50 one day and almost 80 the next day. That could be the reason why everyone is sick here. For the most part, this winter has been very warm though. Personally, I hate it, but I like the fact that I can have an herb garden at all times.
- 1 tbs of oil for greasing the pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs minced fresh herbs dill weed and parsley
- 2 tbs milk
- 6 thick slices of French bread
- 6 slices of Gouda cheese
- Extra Gouda cheese for grating on top
- 1. Preheat a medium sized pan with the oil, on medium heat.
- 2. Whisk the eggs, milk, herbs and salt together.
- 3. Slice the bread in thick slices and at an angle. Cut each slice in half but NOT all the way though.
- 4. Add the Gouda cheese slices in the middle of the bread slices.
- 5. Dip the bread in egg mixture.
- 6. Saute on medium heat, for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- 7. After you flip the French Toast, grate some cheese on top of the cooked side.
- Serve with butter and Enjoy!!
Remember to let me know if you tried it!!
I am linking this recipe to all the parties in my party tab! Make sure to visit those hosts and link your own projects!
I have more to offer! Click on the below images to get the recipe for the Pumpkin French Toast, Pecan Crusted French Toast and Stuffed Blueberry French Toast!