Wonderful chicken sandwich with an amazing, bold Guinness glaze. This sandwich features beer glaze covered chicken, crispy bacon, sauteed mushrooms, onions and Provolone cheese.
This is one unbelievably amazing sandwich! It’s one of those occasions that you should not be afraid to get messy…the good kind of messy. Each bite you take, Guinness glaze and juice will drip down you hand while you scarf down this chicken sandwich. There will be an explosion of flavor in your mouth while you’re chewing this perfect combination of beer glaze covered chicken, crispy bacon, sauteed mushrooms, onions and creamy cheese!
Mmmmm….drooling while writing this, by the way!
Best part of this sandwich is the homemade Guinness Glaze. It’s super easy to make and can be made while you are cooking your meat. It goes perfectly on a big juicy cheeseburger, on top of chicken, steak or salmon.
Guinness Glaze Chicken Sandwich
- 1 1/2 cup Guinness stout
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- 2 Grilled Chicken breasts
- 6 slices of crispy bacon
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Sauteed Mushrooms
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 4-6 tbsp Guinness Glaze
- Guinness glaze: Combine all the ingredients for glaze in a sauce pot and set the heat to medium. Whisk the mixture with a silicone whisk until combined. Keep slowly whisking until sugar is dissolved.
- Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25-30 minutes. It will reduce in half. Raise the temperature to medium-high and boil for about 30 seconds. Stir and take it off heat. (Don't worry, it will thicken more as it cools.)
- Sandwich: Grill the chicken and add a little glaze when it's almost done. Saute the chicken in glaze until fully cooked.
- Build the sandwich and pour a little extra glaze between the chicken and cheese.