Happy first spring month!! It’s March 1st and winter is pretty much over.
I know it’s been three long months, but I am bringing Food Fight back!! Whoo hoo!
This is going to be a good one too! It’s Bailey’s Irish Cream recipes vs. Guinness Beer recipes.
Before we let them fight, I will share a new Guinness recipe with you. I can’t just let the fight happen without contributing to it…
This is one unbelievably amazing sandwich! It’s one of those occasions that you should not be afraid to get messy…the good kind of messy. Each bite you take, Guinness glaze and juice will drip down you hand while you scarf down this chicken sandwich. There will be an explosion of flavor in your mouth while you’re chewing this perfect combination of beer glaze covered chicken, crispy bacon, sauteed mushrooms, onions and creamy cheese!
Mmmmm….drooling while writing this, by the way!
Best part of this sandwich is the homemade Guinness Glaze. It’s super easy to make and can be made while you are cooking your meat. It goes perfectly on a big juicy cheeseburger, on top of chicken, steak or salmon.
Guinness Glaze Chicken Sandwich & FOOD FIGHT: Bailey’s vs. Guinness
- Guinness Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup of Guinness stout
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- salt to taste
- Chicken Sandwich:
- Grilled Chicken breast
- 3 slices of crispy bacon
- Red Onion
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- 2 slices of Provolone cheese
- 2 tbs Guinness Glaze
- Guinness glaze: Combine all the ingredients for glaze in a sauce pot and set the heat to medium. Whisk the mixture with a silicone whisk until combined. Keep slowly whisking until sugar is dissolved.
- Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25-30 minutes. It will reduce in half. Raise the temperature to medium-high and boil for about 30 seconds. Stir and take it off heat. (Don't worry, it will thicken more as it cools.)
- Sandwich: Grill the chicken and add a little glaze when it's almost done. Saute the chicken in glaze until fully cooked.
- Build the sandwich and pour a little extra glaze between the chicken and cheese.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
On To The Food Fight!!
In the RIGHT corner, we have Guinness Recipes…
In the LEFT corner, we have Bailey’s Recipes…
Now, they fight and you should VOTE! Leave a comment here or on any social media network and tell me who do you think should be the winner.
Make sure to visit these special recipes, share them or pin them if you like it!
The FOOD FIGHT happens right here, every month, so come back every 1st of the month!
‘); // ]]>