Happiness, thy name is S’Mores Cookie Bars, and double happiness would be these double chocolate and double marshmallow layered crumble cookie bars. This treat is filled with white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate for extra chocolaty experience.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
How do S’Mores make people feel so good? Oh, probably the melty, gooey chocolate combined with the melty, gooey toasted marshmallow and a crunchy cookie. Combining s’mores with the ultimate comfort treat, the cookie, and creating one ultimate comfort treat is a sure remedy for any kind of gloom or sadness.
Layers and layers of pure joy and happiness. Chocolate, chocolate, marshmallow, and more chocolate…now that’s happy! Oh yes, and some cookie and crumble layers for the “cherry on top.” These cookie bars will definitely make all the people you share them with very happy. Yes, you must share because sharing is caring. Or, you know…grab it and run, but you better run fast.
I’m confident that you will love this treat. Noone can resist s’mores. Even my sister who doesn’t like marshmallows, can’t resist a melted chocolate and marshmallow goodness.
No matter what you have planned for the 4th of July, or the rest of the summer, have a good time and remember that it’s never too hot to start a little fire and toast your marshmallows. (I say that, looking at the temperature predictions for the weekend, and I think, “maybe a very small fire…”) So have a safe holiday weekend! Enjoy your S’mores, enjoy your BBQs, and enjoy your family and friends!
(Don’t forget to enjoy some of these cookie bars.)
Layered Double Chocolate S'Mores Crumble Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 extra large egg room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 13x9 baking dish.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium-high speed, until light in color and fluffed. 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until mixed. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Set the speed to low, sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the ingredients on low speed until just combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl again and mix until all incorporated.
- Spread cookie batter in the baking dish, evenly. (It will help if you grease your hands with some non-stick cooking spray so that the dough doesn't get stuck to your hands.)
- Spread semi-sweet and white chocolate chips evenly over the cookie layer. Spread 1/3 of the bag of mini marshmallows.
- Crumble: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, and flour. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Pour in melted butter and carefully fold it in with a large fork. You will want to be careful so you don’t over-mix. Crumb topping should look like large crumbs and not paste.
- Spread crumble all over chocolate and marshmallows, evenly and carefully not to mush it.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes. Take it out of the oven.
- Turn the broiler on to lower setting.
- Spread remaining marshmallows over the top, covering completely and evenly. Place it in the oven to toast the marshmallows. Keep an eye on it, don't walk away, because they will toast quickly.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.
- Cut the cookie bars with a greased knife and then, drizzle hot fudge over it and sprinkle graham cracker cookie crumbles on top.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
S’Mores Coffee Milkshake from Shugary Sweets
S’Mores Muddy Buddies from Like Mother, Like Daughter
S’Mores Cake from The Gunny Sack
Caramel S’Mores Fudge from Inside BruCrew Life
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me:
Caramel Marshmallow Cookie Bars