Some more delicious apple comfort is coming your way! This apple cobbler is a take on a classic comforting dessert made even more delicious with maple syrup and pecans.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I know that I’ve wined plenty about living in Florida. It’s hot, it’s humid, there is no season changes, it’s hot…
Well, one of my sad “living in Florida” facts have been a complete jealousy of people in other states who get to do beautiful fall things like apple picking. Aside from the weather and beautiful colors of the fall that we don’t get to experience much, I missed being able to go apple picking. I actually haven’t done that since I was a little girl and needed a ladder to reach the lowest apples.
Well, I’m a little happier this week. I found out something that I’m super excited about, I found some apple picking farms in FL! I must have been using wrong sites to search because I found one that actually gave me some good news. There are a couple that are relatively close and there is even a small one right in my county. I can not wait to go check it out and bring a whole lot of apples home with me. I definitely need to come up with a lot of apple recipes for that. I don’t mind though, we LOVE apples, especially my little guy. He has been eating an apple a day since he could chew. Talk about following doctor’s orders.
Apple cobbler is a beautiful dish to make with fresh apples. If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. I know that apple crisp is a more traditional dish, but we love a cobbler topping so much better with apples (and other fruit and berries). I added some bold spice flavor with ground cloves here and it turned out FANTASTIC. Pure maple syrup and pecans really put this seasonal dish over the edge with flavors.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Maple Pecan Apple Cobbler Skillet
- 3 large gala apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Peel, core, and chop apples.
- Mix chopped apples, cinnamon, ground cloves, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pecans in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until all evenly combined.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix on lowest setting until combined.
- Chop butter into smaller chunks and add it to the flour mixture. Mix on low until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn off mixer and pour in buttermilk. Mix a couple of times on lowest setting, just until buttermilk is incorporated with the flour.
- Preheat oven to 425. Rub a 10-inch skillet with some vegetable oil to grease it.
- Stir apple mixture and spread it all evenly in the skillet.
- Spoon dough over the apples, covering the apples evenly all over the top.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then lower the temperature to 350. Bake at 350 for 23-26 minutes.
- Serve warm, add some ice cream and enjoy!
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
S’Mores Cobbler from Mostly Homemade Mom
Fresh Raspberry Peach Cobbler from Wine & Glue
Mixed Berry Cobbler from Bake or Break
Sweet Potato Cobbler from Southern Bite
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: