Amazing and simple comfort dinner. Delicious meatballs baked with gnocchi and smothered in gooey cheese.
I don’t care that it’s still (very, very) warm, I want comfort food! I’ve waited the whole summer and I can’t wait anymore, I
want need comfort food now.
Last week, I made some Tomato Herb Gnocchi and of course, I had to follow that with an amazing dish. Meatballs seemed like the best pair for some gnocchi and lot’s of cheese is a must. Now, you absolutely don’t have to make the tomato herb gnocchi, you can use classic gnocchi for this dish, whether it’s homemade or store-bought.
Another thing that can be optional, is the addition of marinara. I definitely recommend it if you are using classic gnocchi, to add some of that tomato sauce deliciousness. Deee-licious dinner awaits you either way you go, so make sure to wear stretchy pants!
Meatball and Gnocchi Bake
- 1/2 lb pork
- 1/2 lb beef
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp parsley minced
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 cups of gnocchi
- 1/4 cup broth
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce optional
- 1-2 tsp herb de provence
- Combine ingredients for meatballs in the mixing bowl and mix until all evenly combined. Roll 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Preheat a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat with a little bit of oil and cook meatballs until almost done. Take out and set aside.
- Place gnocchi on the same skillet and saute until golden on each side. Add 1/4 cup broth and let gnocchi soak it in while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- If you will be using marinara, add it to the bowl with a little salt and mix well.
- Add meatballs and spread mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Sprinkle herb de provence and bake for 10 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi from Cooking and Beer
Cheesy Baked Potato Gnocchi from The Wicked Noodle
Gnocchi Casserole from Buns In My Oven
Chicken Bacon Ranch Gnocchi from What’s Cooking Love?
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!