I was a little shocked when I walked into Target a couple of days after New Year’s. The dollar section already had Valentine’s Day stuff AND St. Patty’s Day stuff. I am still getting over the holidays, will be for some time, and they are already planning new holidays. I thought it was a little soon until I saw all the Valentine’s projects in the blogosphere! Wow, I guess I am the one behind. Never the less, I think I will stay behind for now and savor the time between the holidays. Life is flying by way too fast to try and hurry it.
I did start making a list of V-day projects but I won’t start posting them for a couple of weeks. I’m a tease like that! For now, I hope you enjoy some wonderful new, healthier recipes.
This idea I found in an old Food magazine from Chef Geoffrey from the Iron Chef. He was talking about stuffing apples for his kids and I though that my little apple lover would enjoy baked apples with berries. I was right, both the big and the little one loved this healthy dessert (or snack)!
3 Golden Delicious apples
3/4 cup of dry blueberries
3/4 cup of chopped pecans
1 tbs light brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a small baking pan.
2. Carefully scoop out the apple cores. Do Not go all the way through. Scoop out just a little bit of the apple “meat”.
3. In a small bowl, combine scooped apple bits, blueberries and nuts. Mix well and pack the apples with the mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, until soft and juicy.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?