Easy Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins make a perfect breakfast, snack, and brunch! It only takes 5 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake these rich and moist chocolate zucchini muffins.
You know why I love farmer’s markets the most? Big part of it is the local produce, yes, but I love seeing all the beautiful handcrafted items by local talented people and all the homemade tasty treats.
The very first time that I tried chocolate zucchini muffins was about six months ago at a farmer’s market. It was love at first sight and not just with the taste, but with the texture as well.
Ever since my first time trying zucchini muffins, I started making them at home for my boys. It’s not hard to get me to eat vegetable because I love them but my husband and my son are a whole other story. They avoid veggies at all cost.
A good way to add some veggies into their diet is to disguise it. So I hide it in soups and stews, mix it with cheese or sauce, and now, I hide them in muffins with chocolate. These chocolate muffins might be packed with zucchini but they are still CHOCOLATE and you can’t pass that up.
Dark chocolate goes very well with baked zucchini treats and dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate.
HERE ARE SOME MORE EASY RECIPE YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz baking dark chocolate melted
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
- Grate zucchini on a cheese grater and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla, and brown sugar. Whisk vigorously for about a minute.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Whisk well.
- Melt baking chocolate in a microwave according to the package instructions. (Remember that it’s best to melt chocolate on half power and stir after every 30 seconds.)
- Whisk in melted dark chocolate into the batter.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips into the batter or simply add chocolate chips to the top of each muffin before baking.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 20-22 minutes.