Nothing gets the family out of bed than a scent of fresh, fluffy pancakes in the morning. Soft, heavenly buttermilk pancakes slathered with freshly made cinnamon peach topping and cinnamon whipped cream.
When a house fills with a delicious smell of pancakes cooking, my boys know it’s the weekend and they are getting a special treat. It’s special because I don’t just spoil them with soft, fluffy buttermilk pancakes, I also like to cook a special topping or a homemade syrup to go along with the pancakes.
My Apple Pie Pancakes can always make a holiday season extra special but my personal favorites are Bananas Foster Pancakes. Whether it’s summer or fall, I have a pancake to go along with the season and a syrup too. As soon as the weather starts to cool, my boys start asking for Pumpkin Syrup on their pancakes and waffles. And in the summer, Mango syrup rocks the house. It’s so much fun matching food to the seasons and holidays. I can’t be the only one who likes to “decorate” with food, right?
July and August seem to be the peek season for peaches. I thought we were loaded with them before, but they are looking better than ever now. My son discovered that he loves peach jam on his bagel, after quite a bit of begging to just take a bite and try it, of course. And my husband and I found a new favorite pancake recipe.
Warm, fluffy peach buttermilk pancakes are best next to some iced coffee this time of year. August is still pretty hot here (and so as September through November), so iced coffee and iced tea are still the preferred way of getting the refreshing caffeine jolt.
I love starting my day with a tall glass of iced International Delight Iced Coffee. You know what else I love? A shot of espresso in my ID iced vanilla coffee. It’s SO good! I need the extra shot of caffeine in my morning iced coffee. It’s better than any latte you can get at a coffee shop.
Peaches and Cream Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peach topping:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 peaches sliced
- 1 peach grated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pancakes: Whisk together liquid pancake ingredients (including eggs) until smooth.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until all smooth. Let the batter stand for about 10 minutes. (This is a good time to preheat your cooking pan on medium heat and start the topping.)
- Cook the pancakes, in the preheated pan, for about a couple of minutes on each side. Check the pancakes by pressing lightly in the center, if its firm the pancakes are done.
- Topping: in a sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter and add sliced peaches, sugar, water, vanilla, and cinnamon. Grate 1 peach using a fine cheese grater to get the peach puree. You can grate it right into the sauce pot. Mix well, cover, and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook peach topping, stirring occasionally, until peach slices are soft. Take off heat.
- Whipped Cream: Add cold heavy whipping cream into a cold mixing bowl. (Use a whisk attachment for your electric mixer.) Starting at low speed, start whisking, gradually raise to speed to high. Slowly pour in the sugar and then cinnamon. Beat until stiff peaks appear (don't walk away far, this will be quick). Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Top off each pancake servings with generous amount of peach topping and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Pancake and Syrup Recipes From Me:
Disclosure: This was a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.