Delicious new cookies that your would not be able to stop eating! These soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are made with creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips!
Sorry I’ve been MIA this week. It’s been so crazy at school. November is a bad month for me, everything is due and usually two assignments a day. Yickes! I’m about half way through the assignments and I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Last weekend, the little man and I had a hankering for some cookies so I pulled out the ingredients for our oatmeal cookies. As I looked at the ingredients, I though that we needed a new twist on our cookies.
Peanut butter and chocolate chips seemed like a perfect addition to them. I love peanut butter cookies, the little guy loves chocolate chip ones and hubby loves oatmeal ones. These were a PERFECT cookies for our family.
Trust me, it will be great cookies for you as well! They are so soft, chewy and delicious. Everyone knows that peanut butter and chocolate make a perfect pair, now we know that they make a great trio with an oatmeal cookies!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease a whoopie pie pan)
- Beat butter and dark brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. It will probably take a couple of minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and beat on lower speed until all incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract as well.
- On low speed, sift in the flour, baking soda and salt, mix until all incorporated.
- Add the old fashioned oats and mix it on low speed as well, until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet, shape the cookies and bake for 9 minutes.