Sweet Potato Fries is an easy, comforting appetizer or a side dish. This delicious, crispy sweet potato fried is topped with pepper jack cheese and crispy bacon bits and bated to melty perfection.
This smothered sweet potato fries was our lunch last weekend. My sister and I shared this and it was incredibly delicious and filling. The flavor combination works perfectly. My sister is gaga over sweet potato fries, so I thought it would be a perfect treat for us.
You can pre-cook the bacon and that way it will only take you about half an hour to make this fries. I also like to bake my fries instead of frying it to cut some calories.
Smothered Sweet Potato Fries
- 15-20 oz sweet potato fries I like Alexia
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese
- Bake the sweet potato fries according to the package until crispy.
- Spread half of the fries over the plate that is oven safe. Lightly salt.
- Grate half of the cheese over the fries and sprinkle with half of the bacon.
- Spread the remaining half of fries over the top.
- Grate the remaining cheese, evenly, over fries and sprinkle with remaining bacon. Add a little more salt over the top.
- Bake for about 3-5 minutes at 400.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
These look so yummy! I am sharing on FB tomorrow!
Thank you, Jenny!
Val in MN says
I love baking sweet potatoes and loading them up. This look delish!
Thank you, Val!