Fantastic, light shrimp tacos made in simply and in about 30 minutes. These tacos are made with shrimp, spicy tequila-lime marinade and green veggies.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I sneaked in another delicious seafood dish on this week’s menu. Since hubs doesn’t eat seafood (I know…weird, right?), I like to make a seafood lunch or dinner just for myself once in a while. I don’t usually like to cook just for myself because I already cook many separate dishes for my little man due to his pickiness. If I also make a lot of separate meals for me too, it’s like cooking three different dished for one dinner. That can be exhausting if done too often. So when hubs is at work through dinner or not home at lunch, I enjoy some seafood.
I’ve actually had a shrimp dish planned for like 2 weeks now. I kept pushing it back because I kept coming up with other delicious ideas that I had to share right away. Delicious ideas like the Lemon Oreo Cheesecake that I had a dream about. (Yeap, I literally had a dream about this cheesecake and I had to make it as soon as I woke up.) Or delicious idea like Oreo Cheesecake Doughnuts that we had to have right away.
I originally wanted to make a sweet and spicy shrimp rice bowl for myself but I had another “light bulb” moment, shrimp tacos and make them with tequila! Oh yes, rice bowl would have to step aside and make way for Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos! A perfect, simple, light lunch dish.
Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 large jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- Juice from 2 key limes or 1/2 large lime
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded kale
- Place shrimp into a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine tequila, lime juice, jalapenos, cilantro, salt and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add marinade to shrimp, mix well, and let it marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Take out the shrimp and add marinade to the pan. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are completely done. Take off heat.
- Mix cabbage and kale together and divide among the tortillas.
- Divide shrimp and jalapenos among tortillas as well. Add a little bit of cooked marinade juice to each tortilla as well.
- Add green onions to each taco and drizzle some sour cream.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos from The Cookie Rookie
Easy Taco Pie from Life Tastes Good
Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa from Five Heart Home
Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos from Cooking and Beer
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!