Happy New Year! С Новым Годом!!
Yes, I know that it is now 12 days into the new year, but this recipe was made for the New Year’s Eve private party! It was just me and my hubby, what can be more exclusive?! Even though, it was just the two of us, I thought it would be nice to put out a nice spread and greet the new year properly!
New Year’s is a huge holiday for Russians. In Russia, New Year’s is THE biggest holiday of the year. The decorated tree and the presents and “Granpa Frost” (Santa) are all for New Year’s.( Christmas is actually celebrated on January 7th and is purely religious holiday. )
New Year’s is a wonderful time. Kids get to stay up all night and adults party all night. We cook all day then take a nap so that we can stay up all night. We put out a huge table full of food, bottles of champagne, vodka, cognac and whatever people like. We eat, drink and party all night, coming home at dawn! What a wonderful time that is!!
|Not our table! Just a picture of unknown origin, but looks great!|
Last couple of years, since we’ve had the baby, we haven’t gone out to party. Well, I can’t completely blame the baby, my husband usually has to work the morning of the 1st, so he goes to sleep shortly after midnight and I just can’t party without him. May be next year, he won’t have to be at work the next day and we will find a babysitter…..then we will PARTY!!
2/3 cup of pepperoni, chopped small
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dry oregano
1 tube of crescent rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
3. Roll out the crescent roll dough. Separate it into two squares.
4. Spread the mixture half and half onto the two squares. Please about 1/4 inch of dough on two sides that you will be rolling so that they stick. Roll the dough, jelly roll style and press along to seal. Cut each roll into 6-8 slices.
7. Place the slices onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes. Serve warm!
* I am linking this recipe to Thursday and Friday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!