3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/3 whole milk
1 tbs lime zest
1 tbs lemon zest
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
3 tbs coconut rum
2 tbs fresh lime juice
3 1/2 cups powder sugar
1. Drain the juice from the blackberries. (You can save it to make some pancakes the next day)
2. Combine the blackberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium sauce pot.
3. Bring to boil and lower the temperature to medium low. Cook for 30-35 minutes.
4. Cool down, transfer into a jar and refrigerate.
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour 3, 8-inch round cake pans.
2. Prepare all the ingredients and have them ready before starting the batter.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
4. Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
5. With mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
6. Add the zest.
7. Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk. Start and end with dry ingredients.
8. Divide the batter between the 3 cake pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure its done.
9. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combines. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Spread jam between the cake layers. Place the cake with jam in the refrigerator and cool for about 30-45 minutes.
2. Once the cake is cold, frost it using a rubber spatula. Even out the frosting with the a metal icing spatula. (to get even surface)
3. Decorate with blackberries.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?