10 tbs of butter, softened
3/4 cup of brown sugar
Zest of 1 large lime
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 1/2 cups of chopped, pitted fresh cherries
1/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of cold butter, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt
3. Beat butter and brown sugar, on medium high speed, for 2-3 minutes
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
5. Add lime zest and vanilla
7. Add sour cream, beat well
8. Alternating, add flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
9. Carefully fold in the cherries
10. Pour the batter into the cake pan
1. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well
2. Add the chopped, cold butter and beat on low until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. Spread the crumbs over the batter.
5. Bake the coffee cake for 40-45 minutes.