I’m sharing an quick and easy dessert today that can be a perfect addition to any party, from a cocktail party to a kid’s birthday party! I’m sharing Almond Joy Bites, clusters of coconut goodness mixed with toasted almonds and drizzled in chocolate!
Honestly, this was not on the editorial calendar for today. I was going to share something completely different but after making these bites yesterday, I had to move everything over and squeeze them in! These Almond Joy Bites are so easy to make and they are absolutely addicting. I see them being a huge success at a party with kids and adults alike.
I do want to mention one change that I would make the next time I will be making these bites. Next time, I would chop the coconut before mixing them with condensed milk and almonds. It will stick a little better and be less stringy.
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 4½ tbs sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup toasted almonds, chopped (or toast them yourself)
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Nestlé Toll House, yum!)
- ¼ tbs butter
- If toasting the almonds yourself: Preheat the over to 400. Spread raw almonds over a baking sheet. Bake for about 4 minutes. Let them cool a little and chop them up.
- Chop the coconut flakes and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the coconut, mix well until all incorporated. (Don't be afraid to mix with your hands because you can mix it much for evenly. Make sure to wash your hands first.)
- Add the toasted, chopped almonds and mix until combined.
- Form balls with the coconut mixture, pressing them together, hard.
- Lay the candy bites on the parchment paper (waxy side up) and chill them for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave at half power for about a minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Drizzle chilled Almond Joy Bites with chocolate.
- I recommend keeping the candy in the fridge (and covered of course, so they don't dry out) until ready to serve. They taste great and stay together better after being chilled.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
PLEASE NOTE: I switched the email delivery system! The switch happened in the middle of March. If you subscribed before then, PLEASE re-subscribe to the email in the side bar! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
More Almond Joy and Coconut inspiration: