It’s the 1st of the month and you know what that means! FOOD FIGHT!!
Today, the fight is between Cakes and Cheesecakes!
I am also bringing something to the fight…Samoas Poke Cake! Oh yes, you heard me right. I made it today and it is To Die For!!
We have such a wonderful food fight today. Who doesn’t live cakes and cheesecakes? Of course everyone does!
Before we move on to the fight, I want to share this AMAZING Samoa Poke Cake. Every year, when girl scouts start selling their cookies, I have to get a few boxes of Samoas for hubby. He likes them a little too much. If left unattended, he will eat an entire box. We will be lucky if he will stop at one box.
While I was baking this cake, he was hovering over me asking if it was ready yet. Seriously, it was not cool because I have a teeny tiny kitchen. I had to lock both of them out while taking the pictures and when I opened the door they were standing there with plates! It was worth the wait though, the cake is unbelievable!
Samoas Poke Cake
This delicious cake tastes just like samoas girl scout cookies
- 1 box of Yellow Cake mix Plus ingredients required
- 13.4 oz of Dulche De Leche
- 4 tbs heavy cream
- 7-8 oz of coconut flakes
- 3-4 tbs hot fudge
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 11x9 cake pan
- Mix and bake the cake according to directions.
- Once the cake is cooked, cool it for about 10 minutes and poke holes all over the cake.
- In a small sauce pot, combine Dulche De Leche and heavy cream. Set the temperature on medium, cook whisking constantly until heated through. Take off heat. Separate in two portions.
- Mix the first half of the Dulche De Leche mixture with coconut.
- Pour the other half over the cake. Spread it slowly and evenly, pressing gently.
- Spread the coconut mixture over the cake. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with a hot fudge.
Ok, ok….On To The Food Fight!!
In the LEFT corner, we have CAKES…
In the RIGHT corner, we have CHEESECAKES…
There were so many delicious recipes linked to the submission party, it was very hard to choose. I barely managed to narrow it down to 50. They will battle and then, you will VOTE! Leave a comment and tell me who do you think is the winner here. The winning team will be shared everywhere I can, for weeks (it will take that long to feature them all)!
The FOOD FIGHT happens right here, every month! I will post the schedule for the upcoming battles (in the side bar) and you can SUBMIT a recipe that you think will help the future team WIN at the party! June’s battle will be … wait for it…
Fruit Pops vs Ice Cream!
Samoas Cake (recipe above) | Banana Split Cheesecake