Super easy Samoas Poke Cake has all the flavor of the classic Girl Scour cookies we know and love. This poke cake is make with moist yellow cake and topped with a generous layer of coconut and caramel mixture and chocolate drizzle.
We have such a wonderful food fight today. Who doesn’t live cakes and cheesecakes? Of course everyone does!
Before we move on to the fight, I want to share this AMAZING Samoa Poke Cake. Every year, when girl scouts start selling their cookies, I have to get a few boxes of Samoas for hubby. He likes them a little too much. If left unattended, he will eat an entire box. We will be lucky if he will stop at one box.
While I was baking this cake, he was hovering over me asking if it was ready yet. Seriously, it was not cool because I have a teeny tiny kitchen. I had to lock both of them out while taking the pictures and when I opened the door they were standing there with plates! It was worth the wait though, the cake is unbelievable!
Samoas Poke Cake
- 1 box of Yellow Cake mix Plus ingredients required
- 13.4 oz Dulce De Leche
- 4 tbs heavy whipping cream
- 7-8 oz sweetened coconut flakes
- 3-4 tbs hot fudge
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 11x9 cake pan
- Mix and bake the cake according to directions.
- Once the cake is cooked, cool it for about 10 minutes and poke holes all over the cake.
- In a small sauce pot, combine Dulche De Leche and heavy cream. Set the temperature on medium, cook whisking constantly until heated through. Take off heat. Separate in two portions.
- Mix the first half of the Dulche De Leche mixture with coconut.
- Pour the other half over the cake. Spread it slowly and evenly, pressing gently.
- Spread the coconut mixture over the cake. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with a hot fudge.