Perfect fall cake loaded with apples and drizzled in cinnamon glaze. This cake would be perfect for brunch or dessert, it’s delicate and light in texture.
This is one delicious and addicting cake, and quite literally a “dream” come true.
I’ve been dying to make an apple cake ever since I saw a beautiful cake on a cover of a magazine, while waiting in a check out line. I was standing there, just minding my own business and I look over…and pow! Gorgeous cake on the cover of a magazine. It was my time to pay so all I caught was “..apple cake” and ever since then, all I could think about is making a beautiful apple cake like I saw on the cover. It took me weeks to actually make it but it was worth the wait. It’s a perfect dessert and brunch cake because the cake is quite light in texture.
I absolutely adore making rose patterns out of frosting or apples because roses just look SO pretty! One of my favorite apple cakes is the Russian Apple Cake from my childhood so I wanted to work with that one as base. I used sweet apples instead of granny smith apples because I wanted all sweet and not sour taste. I also added the cinnamon glaze, which turned out to be a must. This whole cake turned out to be a must-make this season!
- 6 small gala apples (or 4 large ones)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp baking soda mix with ¼ tsp vinegar
- 3 gala apples
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch springform pan (cake will rise so make sure that you are using a tall pan not a short cake pan).
- Peel core and dice the apples. Set aside.
- Using a whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar on high, for a 2-3 of minutes, until light-yellow, thickened and about triple in size.
- Lower the speed to low and beat in vanilla and flour. Quickly mix baking soda and vinegar and add it to the batter.
- Mix batter and apples and transfer it to the prepared springform pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.Take out and let the cake rest for 10 minutes. Run a butter knife carefully along the edges of the cake to separate it from the pan.
- For Topping
- Cut the apples in half and cut out the core. Slice apples very thin. Prepare a bowl of ice-cold water and set aside. Boil a large pot of water and blanch sliced apples in boiling water for little less than a minute, to soften them. Take apple slices out of boiling water and place them into the bowl with cold water to stop the cooking process. Take them out after they cooled down and place on paper tower to soak excess water.
- Arrange the apple slices on top of the cake, in circles, starting from outer layer working to the center, to form a rose.
- For glaze:
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, heat up heavy cream.
- Add powder sugar and cinnamon. Whisk until all smooth and heated through. Let it cool just a little but not too much or it will start to harden.
- Drizzle the glaze all over the cake.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Caramel Apple Blondie Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
Apple Butter Pie from Tastes of Lizzy T
Apple Pie Bars from Love Grows Wild
Apple Walnut Tart from Hip Foodie Mom
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: