I told you that pumpkin is coming! Here is some incredible Pumpkin Caramel Blondies…pumpkin and caramel are a match made in heaven. Put it together in some blonde cakes and your heart will melt while your taste buds sing!
Pumpkin season is here! Are you ready for all the pumpkin recipes that are coming your way? I’m already seeing them everywhere, but I promise not to overwhelm you here!
I did have to start the season off right though. We’ve been waiting close to a year to have some pumpkin goodies. I couldn’t wait any more.
Mmmm, smelling the pumpkin puree was like a wave of amazing memories for my taste buds. There is something great about the seasonal flavors. Makes you appreciate them so much more since you only eat it once a year. I think that’s why people don’t grow tired of it, they don’t get a change to get bored with the flavor.
I love this particular recipe because of the flavor combination. Caramel just makes the perfect pairing for pumpkin. The gooey caramel bits that get baked inside and the caramel topping turns these blonde cakes into gooey deliciousness!
I don’t think that I’ve seen a dessert disappear so fast in our house. The big one and the little one just couldn’t get enough. You know, as picky as the little guy has been lately, I was a little surprised to see him go bananas over these blondies. He’s been refusing everything but chocolate lately and it was refreshing for him to eat something different.
Pumpkin Caramel Blondies
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt I prefer Chobani
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce for topping
- ~Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, Greek yogurt and sugar, in a large mixing bowl, for a couple of minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well, until all smooth.
- Fold in the caramel bits.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure that it's cooked through. (Bake for an additional 5 minutes if necessary.)