Comforting and filling after school snack that is easy to prepare and kids will love it! These little pastry pockets are made in a muffin tin and filled with chicken pot pie filling.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson & Jimmy Dean. The opinions and text are all mine.
I just saw a friend of mine post something on Facebook that made me cringe.
“Just finished back to school shopping!”
I haven’t even started thinking about back to school and there are people that are all done? Wow, now that is what I call “being prepared.” I’m only now starting to think of recipes that are perfect for back to school time and haven’t even started thinking about shopping. Even though back to school shopping is weeks away for me, I have a few recipes locked and loaded for you, starting with these yummy Chicken Pot Pie Pockets.
This awesome after school snack is very easy to make, it is very filling, and delicious. I’ve made these pot pie pockets with and combination of Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips and veggies inside a flaky puffed pastry.
To make your life even easier:
~ you can prepare the filling ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to fill the puff pastry cups and bake.
~ you can also use Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken in the pot pie filling instead of the crispy strips.
~ these chicken pot pie pockets are also re-heatable. Of course, they are not as good reheated as they are fresh from the oven, but will still make a tasty snack.
~DON’T MISS THE GIVEAWAY~
To make things even easier on yourself and your wallet during the busy back to school time, Tyson, Jimmy Dean, and Dollar General teamed up to help you with some meal solutions. You can shop for Tyson and Jimmy Dean products at your local Dollar General store and save with this coupon.
Let’s make back to school time even better with a GIFT CARD giveaway. TO ENTER the giveaway, simply share this Chicken Pot Pie recipe and comment on this post to let me know how you’ve shared this recipe. You can share it on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. The winner will receive a $50 gift card to Dollar General!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 3-4 Tyson crispy chicken strips
- 2 Tbsp canola oil for cooking
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 lg carrot
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 lg garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp flour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 egg for brushing
- Defrost puff pastry and cover it so it won't dry out.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and pre-bake the chicken strips until just done. (Once chicken strips are done, set them aside.)
- In a medium cooking pan, preheat oil over medium heat.
- Add diced yellow onion and carrots, saute until onion is transparent.
- Add peas, corn, and pressed garlic. Stir well and let the veggies cook for a few minutes, until soft.
- Sprinkle flour over veggies, mix well and pour in chicken stock and heavy cream while stirring. Add salt and pepper and keep stirring for a couple of minutes, until liquid is thickened. Take off heat.
- Dice cooked chicken strips and mix them in with the veggies.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in 4 squares each. (You will have 8 squares total.)
- Grease muffin pan and gently place each pastry square into muffin cups.
- Full each pastry cup with the chicken pot pie filling.
- Once the cups are filled, bring the edges of the dough together over the filling and press them together to seal.
- Whisk the egg and brush every pot pie pocket top with the egg-wash.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: